In franchising, we’re all within the enterprise of constructing manufacturers. We would like our franchise system to develop, and to that finish the corporate itself will need to have stable and constant branding to assist native and nationwide progress. The opposite aspect of the coin is attracting certified prospects to purchase into your model. Your branding technique have to be constant along with your gross sales efforts and is commonly additionally utilized in franchise growth.
Manufacturers don’t promote manufacturers, individuals do.
Whereas this text goals to talk to the C-suite and people on the entrance line of interacting with candidates, the steps can apply to any particular person trying to construct a private model on social media.
What’s a private model?
In line with Investopedia, a model is an intangible advertising and marketing or enterprise idea that helps individuals determine an organization, product, or particular person. It isn’t to be confused with a brand or slogan. And types aren’t only for corporations anymore. Individuals are creating personas to construct authenticity, belief, and to create and nurture relationships.
Why construct one?
Within the franchise growth course of, candidates are doing their analysis lengthy earlier than they ever choose up the telephone or fill out a kind on-line. They wish to know that the corporate they’re contemplating “marrying” for the following 10 years is an organization that aligns with their values, cares about their success, and has an lively presence on varied digital platforms. Why? It reveals relevance, ahead considering, and transparency.
CEOs, CDOs, CMOs, VPs of growth and advertising and marketing, gross sales groups, and anybody who interacts with potential candidates ought to set up a powerful social media presence. And whoever is the face of your model ought to take into account growing a private model.
6 tricks to construct a private model
Constructing a private model requires time, a plan, and the willingness to be a bit susceptible. These are only a few steps to get you began, but it surely’s as much as you to remain related, partaking, and constant. (No stress!)
1) Do some soul looking out and work out who you wish to be on-line. How would you like individuals to understand you, and what do they want or need from you? Your private model have to be a mirrored image of each your self and the model you’re constructing.
2) Determine which platforms you wish to deal with and ensure they’re updated and correct. Be sure your entire social media handles are in step with one another so that you’re simple to seek out and observe. Be all over the place you could be. Your social channels ought to in the end drive visitors again to your web site and/or weblog, and never everybody you’re making an attempt to achieve is on each channel. For franchise growth, at a minimal, try to be on LinkedIn and Fb. Some CEOs have their very own Fb web page that they use in assist of the model’s Fb web page.
3) Work with a designer to construct your model property. Be sure your cowl images are well-designed and constant on all platforms and that your profile picture is skilled, updated, and constant throughout all platforms.
4) Develop a content material calendar and be constant. As C-suite professionals, executives, and managers you’re busy, and social media will typically get placed on the again burner. However when you create a calendar and determine what you wish to share, it will likely be so much simpler to sort out. At a minimal, put up 3 to five instances every week. Align your posts along with your company and/or gross sales advertising and marketing technique and occasions.
5) Your content material ought to be informative, personable, and human. Share firm successes and highlights, information tales, and behind-the-scenes exercise. Video is a good way to point out who you might be – and it doesn’t at all times must be professionally produced. Authenticity is essential.
6) Be partaking! Touch upon different individuals’s posts, and reply to feedback and messages on yours. You’ve got the chance to attach with others and construct belief by way of social dialog – and it’s free (besides, after all, for the time)!
Constructing a private model on social media does take time, however you will discover it helps set up credibility, thought management, and belief for candidates, partnerships, and staff. Make it a precedence and a part of your organization’s advertising and marketing technique.
Liane Caruso is a franchise advertising and marketing skilled specializing in digital advertising and marketing, social media, gross sales and advertising and marketing alignment, and technique. She launched helloCMO, a franchise advertising and marketing consultancy devoted to fractional CMO or outsourced CMO engagements for franchise manufacturers and suppliers. Discover her on LinkedIn or contact her at 813-786-0206 or [email protected].